Sunday, October 17, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

A couple of months ago the movie 'Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time' hit the theaters and as I liked what I saw in the trailer, I went, shelled out the Euros and watched it. Three times.

I really liked the look and the feel of the movie, I liked the soundtrack (bought it of course), I liked the actors, I liked the action and the special effects. I liked the humor and the sense that the three brothers really cared about each other (even though two of them accused the third of murdering their father). I liked the story.

Yep, I guess you could say I liked it. A lot.

I've been eying the game 'Prince of Persia: Sands of Time' for quite a long time, but never was sure enough if I really wanted to buy it. First I didn't trust the computing power of my PC, but that was easily fixed by the new computer and so I, driven by the impact of the movie (and the fact that I had to wait so long for the DVD finally hitting the shelves) I got the game and played it.
Even though there have been a couple of really frustrating spots in the game, where I had to repeat a fight several dozen times, some glitches (i.e. the prince needs to move a box to a certain place but he just wouldn't allow me to push it in that direction) and the fact that halfway through the game I lost all my saves when the computer died on me, I really, really enjoyed it. And I'm damn proud I did eventually beat the last battle and thus the game.
I've started on the second part now ('The Warrior Within' was part of a bundle where I got game one and two together) and start to get into the game, but not as much as with Sand of Time. The mood is much darker and the soundtrack is frankly annoying in parts. I'll have to see if I will play it through or not.

No comments: