Sunday, March 08, 2020

Socks!

I've warned you that I made a lot of socks lately.
First pair is using a pattern called 'Shur'tugal' (after the dragon riders in the Eragon saga). I used a Wollmeise twin in a beautiful shaded red.
For the next pair I used a yarn I picked up last year in the US, from Old Soul Fibre. Sadely the color is not quite fast, and lost already some of it's deep blue/petrol. Still pretty, though. The pattern is 'Glynis' from the book Sock Innovation by Cookie A.
Then I started to use left overs. The pattern it 'Broken Seed Stich Socks' and I used only Wollmeise Twin left overs in shades of blue and green.
After that I made 'Stashbuster Spirals' with part of the rest from the second and the third pair, just added some dark blue for cuff, heel and toes.
The final pair of socks (at least for now, I think) used a pattern called 'Cranberry Biscotti'. I used (again) dark blue to frame it, some green, the final rest of the Old Soul and plain white. I really liked the way how those came out.
Considering spring's about to start, I believe I have enough socks for now.
But, what to knit next ....?


No comments: