Sunday, July 26, 2020

HST

Another month, another quilt.
This quilt is made from a total of 781 hst squares in six different sizes from 1 1/2 inch to 5 inch. I've got the idea from the book 'No Scrap Left Behind' by Amanda Jean Nyberg (aka crazy mom quilts)
 One thing I changed from the book is that instead of the same number of rows from each size, I made each size group more or less the same hight. Meaning I had 3 rows of the largest size and 8 rows of the smallest size.
I good thing I already had most of the squares for the smallest size, which I had collected over the last couple of years.
The quilting is simple straight lines from left to right in roughly 1 inch distance.
I love how the quilt turned out. I loved that I used up pretty much all of the HSTs I've had. And I also love that I managed to find a fabric with dots going from small to big for the back of the quilt (no photo, sorry)

No comments: