Sunday, January 31, 2010

Okay, It's Enough Now

I know I said last week that I love snow, and this is sort of still true, but I'm getting to a point where I've got enough of it.
Usually, our winters are wet and miserable, with temperatures hovering just about freezing and some wet, cold rain. There's usually one, tops two weeks of real snow and real cold temperatures, but this goes usually away pretty quickly.
Not this winter. We've got lots and lots of snow and for the last four weeks I didn't see much in the way of positive temperatures. Driving is getting adventures and my sister is talking about getting out the snow chains (she's living a bit higher above sea level then I do, but not by much)

Though, I have to admit, it does look pretty.

A figure of Dostojewski in Dresden.

Trees just a short walk away from home.

The bird house on my balcony (though, strangely enough, no birds this week ...)

Still knitting socks, so my feet are staying warm.

We did brave the snow yesterday and saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law. Great, great fun. I'm tempted to give it a repeat viewing. Good story, great acting and the rest was also just right. Loved it.

No comments: