Sunday, July 26, 2015

Five Countries in Seven Days

Sorry, it's been a while. I've been away on vacation, cruising through the Baltic Sea on the Serenade of the Seas with my sister and my nephew.

We started out in Stockholm (Sweden) after staying there for two nights on a ship / hostel located smack in the center of the city. This is pretty much what we saw first thing in the morning when we got off the ship.
 We went onboard of the Serenade on a Sunday, and already got to Helsinki (Finland) by the next morning.
 We stayed for two days in Saint Petersburg (Russia), where we had a privat guide for our trip to the Cathrin Palace with the famous Amber Room.
 Next we travelled to Tallinn (Estonia), a lovely town with a great medieval flair (the old town is a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
 And the final stop before returning to Stockholm was Riga (Latvia). I wasn't sure what to expect of this town, but I was very pleasently surprised and I liked it a lot (thunderstorm and hail nonewithstanding)

So, that's a quick summary of my vacation and the five countries I visited within seven days.

No comments: