Monday, May 01, 2017

Goldfishpond - A Finished Quilt

I finished a quilt. Yeah! Go Me! Go Fish! ;-)
I did finish the quilt top already back in December, but only got around to make the actual quilt a few weeks ago (and then my stippling foot broke and I had to improvise). 
It is the first time I made a quilt following the pattern in a book, but when I saw the funny goldfishes on the cover of Bernadette Mayr's book I fell in love. I don't think I changed a single thing from the pattern, except maybe that I converted to American measurements, as all my rulers are in inches (rulers are only used to cut the blocks to size).
Making the quilt has been loads of fun. Not using a ruler when cutting can be quite liberating, and I was always curious how each of the fish would eventually turn out (that fellow below with the small overbite and the hump is totally my favorite)
For the binding I used an ombre yellow, which also adds to the quilt (I think)
I very much love the quilt and it's definitely one of my favorite quilts to date.

3 comments:

Stefanie Kolb said...

Gefällt mir, Thumbs up, I like und so :) :) :)

Yanicka said...

Wow this is fantastic !!!! Great job :)

Jenny said...

Love your fishy quilt - and the quilting is great too. Congratulations on a wonderful finish!!!