Monday, June 19, 2017

Another Rug

When I moved out of the appartment in Dresden, I had four long curtains left. For one I found a space in my normal appartment, but what to do with the other three? Now, after finishing a couple of quilts I also had the cut offs left over you get when you square up the quilt.
I thought they go well with the off white color of the curtain, so I cut everything up into 1 1/2 inch wide stripes and started braiding.
My sewing machine got quite a work out (this braid is a bit thicker than others I made before) and it had to struggle sometimes to punch through the material. But in the end I (and it) prevailed.
This one is going into my new kitchen, once it arrives next week.

The placemats below are for my parents as they recently pointed out they didn't have a complete matching set of four.
Simple fishbone pattern sewn using 1 1/2 x 5 inch stripes and then attached to some linen cloth. They really liked them (and so do I)

No comments: