Sunday, November 19, 2017

Foldover Bag The Second

My Mom liked my Foldover Bag so much, she asked me if I would make one for her. As today is her birthday, I was more than happy to dive into my stash and get sewing (Psst, I would have made one for her anyway, but she doesn't need to know this ...)
The fabric for the top part was a Rome find. On our last day, we came across this store with fabrics for interieur decorationes. My sister and I both liked that one fabric so we convinced the gentleman to cut off half a meter for us (though normally, they only do full meters)
The bottom bit is the same fake leather I used on my bag, and I lined it with a light, almost golden fabric from my stash.

Do you have things on your quilting / patchwork bucket list? A pattern or something you always wanted to try out, even though there's no specific goal or project in mind?
One off my list now is the 'Feathered Star'

It's definitely on the fiddly side of things (i.e. there are 48 tiny HSTs needed). Still, I totally love how it turned out and am also very happy with my fabric choice.

1 comment:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for a Bucket List item checked off!! I took a FS class from Nancy Mahoney and was met with much success... but only finished HALF the star. Your block is beautiful!!