Saturday, January 20, 2018

Knitting

It's been a while I've showed anything knitting related.
Part of this is that I haven't knitted that much. Another part is that I forgot to take pics of the socks I've knitted before xmas for presents.
But here are two projects I have pics of.
I bought the yarn I used in this shawl more than a year ago for a different project. And then totally forgot about it. I found it two weeks ago by chance and desided I'd like to make a smallish shawl, a quick little project just for fun.
The pattern is called Nurmilintu (and is free) and I used Debbie Bliss Fine Donegal yarn for it. It was a fun little project, even if I had more problems than usual with the lacey bits (but nothing that a ton of stitch markers couldn't solve). I added two more lace repeats than the pattern called for in order to use up as much of the yarn as I could. With some extreme blocking if turned into a light, reasonable sized shawl.
The other one is a longer term projects using some small amounts of different Wollmeise yarns. I'm using 8 differen blue/greens alternating every 8 rows with Maus alt. It has about a million ends to weave in, but other than that loads of fun. I'm almost done with that.

No comments: