Monday, February 19, 2018

New Beginnings

After finishing a big quilt (Quilt Oddity) and finishing the top of another one (Double Star - no photo yet, but basically the same as last April) I decided I was 'allowed' to start another quilt.
I decided to do 'Flames' from the book 'Modern Rainbow' by Rebecca Bryan.
My starting point for this was a small jelly roll in rainboy colors, though I added additional fabric from my stash.
So far I'm made red, pink, orange, gold, and yellow flames.
Now on to yellow/green, green, blue/green, blue and purple. Making these flames is a lot of fun, really. The layout above is not the final layout, there's a lot of sashing that will be added later.

I also decided to get back to do some stitching. I've got  a couple of larger x-stitch kits that sit in a box at home, which is really a shame.
The first I pulled out is called 'Panda Row' and was a gift from a friend many, many years ago. I even was a good girl and did a proper grid before I started stitching.
This kit has a fairly limited palett of colors (I think it's only 17 or 19 colors), but the result looks pretty cool if I may say so. And isn't that panda super-cute?

No comments: