Sunday, September 22, 2019

Fabric Meets Photo

Last week I mentioned Michaela Müller's Book 'Fabric Meets Paper'.
I made another project from the books, a small photo album.
For the cover I used a stitch doodle I made, when I went through my stitching thread stash and found a box with left overs from a Theresa Wentzler project from long, long ago. Mrs Wentzler has wonderful, very elaborated patterns, which use a lot of blended flosses (and I mean a LOT). In order to organize them, I always wrapped the leftover thread around a cardboard bobbin and that's how I found them. So I took the left overs and just stitched little 2x2 squares randomly in an 11x11 grid until a thread ran out and I pulled the next one from the box.
I bonded the fabric to silk paper and then covered thick cardboard stock (like 2mm) for the front and back of my photo album. For the binding I folded a stripe of paper to a little arcordion and then glued the leaves of the album into the folds. The cutting is not perfect, but well ...
Inside went pictures from an evening photography class I took in March (this is my favorite made in Offenbach's harbour at sunset). 
I also did a little bit more stitching and finsihed three booksmarks. I already gave one of them away before I took the picture (it had a little seahorse one it)

No comments: