Sunday, September 03, 2006

Stitching Mojo

Can somebody loose his or her Stitching Mojo?

I think I misplaced mine somewhere.
- For the last three weeks I've been visiting my LYS four times, every time I've bought yarn to knit (okay, one time I also bought some pearl thread, but I haven't touched it since then)
- I've finished three pairs of socks in those three weeks.
- I'm working on pair number four (with the excuse that they are for a friend, so they don't really count)
- I've ordered online enough yarn for four more pair of socks
- While I was swimming this morning I was thinking about the different ways I could use some sock wool I have in my stash for some Fair Isle socks
- I've cast on not one, but two shawls.
- I unreaveled one of those shawls after I've knitted 6 inches and I decided that a dropped stitched pattern is not the way to go. I've done about 12 inches on the same wool with a feather and wave pattern.
- I've tried to stitch this afternoon on the Northern Lights Sampler and even though I got a little bit of progres, I was still thinking that knitting would be so much faster and I would see more for th TV program.

I know it's just a phase and after a few weeks I'll be sick and tired of knitting for a good year at least, but until then, I'm afraid I'm lost to the stitching world ...

Here's a pic on the first sock for my friends.


The wool is Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch, the pattern is the Yukon Leaves Patterns

No comments: