Sunday, February 11, 2007


the new socks are not exactly photogenic. I took about 20 pictures - and every single one is out of focus. That is, they are out of focus as long as the socks are on my feet. Off the feet they are fine. Meaning, I guess, that I cannot wear a sock and take a picture of it at the same time.

So, here are the feetless socks. The pattern is Esther from the Socken-Kreative-Liste. More or less. I didn't do the picot edge (I tried, but this one just doesn't work for me) and made a small variation on the heel. But the pattern is true (here the only pic on the foot, that wasn't totally out of focus).

I enjoyed knitting it (even though some tinking was involved ... who do I kid: a lot of tinking was involved :))
Wool, by the way, is Wollmeise Superwash Sockwool in pomegrante. The true color is somewhere between the first and the second picture.
I weighted the left over wool and I've got 80 grams left - should be enough for a second pair. Luckily I have small feet (not very photogenic ones, but one can't have everything)

I didn't do a single cross stitch the whole week :(

I also had a cold last week, so I was a bit handicapped. I seem to be over it by now, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

stitcherw said...

Glad you are feeling better. The socks look great, the color is very pretty.