Sunday, February 04, 2007

Wool from the Tit

... and if this doesn't sound strange ;)

Thing is, I've ordered last weekend three skeins of wool from 'Wollmeise' and if you translate that name it's the 'wool tit'



I think I am in love - this is the softes sock wool I've ever got. And the colors are beautiful. I've seen warnings that this wool is addictive and I begin to see why.
From top to bottom it's Granatapfel (pomegranate), Wellensittichvogelfeder (budgerigar bird feather) and Gewitterhimmel (Thunderstorm Sky) all in superwash sock wool.
I've already started on the first sock with the red wool.

What else? Some progress on 'Not Fogotten' - pics maybe next week.
No progress on 'King Tut' - he's a victim of the knitting needle.
I finished the Fetzenmuster socks


I did knit both, I swear. Wool is Hunderwasser 'Seeschlange' from Opal. For the photo I did wear a white sock underneath in the hope that would make the pattern more visible. I have the feeling it didn't work too well. Ah well, at least they fit.
What a difference to the new wool - the Opal is downright scratchy against it.

Started a new book. 'Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder' by Joanne Fluke. That is, I'm almost through with it already. Great fun and I'm sure to check out the others in this series.

Yeah, Germany won the world championship in handball. Contratulation to the boys.

1 comment:

stitcherw said...

Your sock wool is gorgeous, I especially love the blue. They will make lovely socks.
Sue