The wife of a dear collegue of mine is pregrant. Though the baby was scheduled for November, it looks like the little lady is going to make a premature entrance to this world. I thought I'd get a bit more time, but when I heard the news I quickly got some yarn, a couple of patterns and wiped out a pair of baby booties.
I do refuse to knit in pink, but this yarn works well for boys and girls (and it was cheap too)
The bottie pattern I found on Ravelry (one of my very favorite sides on the internet)
They were super easy to knit, fast and turned out very, very cute.
I do almost feel sorry that I don't have so many oppertunies to knit for babies.
I also did knit a little baby hat, but didn't get a picture.
Then, another collegue of mine is leaving the company end of the months. As she made the mistake to admire my simple, little flower bracelet last week, I made a bracelet for her too.
The pattern I made up and it took me only two tries to get it the way I wanted it. Then I added Svarosky crystals to add some color and a bit of sparkle.
I think it turned out nicely, and I hope she's going to like it.
I broke another of my thin beading needles on this and I'm now down to two (out of the six I've bought in Sweden). Guess I'm going to beg my sister-dear to get me another set somehow, as I can't find the really thin ones here (as well as the thin thread, please. Thank you)
Other than that, I'm still working on the Castle Sampler (and will work for a while still, by the looks of it)
Top border almost done. The border's a fairly easy to do and once I've worked out the sequence I barely checked the pattern any more (though, it's a good thing I do check is once in a while, as between the letter 'M' and the letter 'N' is a four stitch gap, and not a three stitch - caught it ahead of time, luckily)