Monday, September 01, 2008

More crafty stuff

... though mostly on knitting.

Finally, finally, my local yarn store got some of the Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn in stock (they've waited for over half a year)


The pattern is (surprise, surprise) from Knitty and is called Ziggy. Many people have said it's difficult to knit with the Noro and even though I didn't have much problems so far, it is a different yarn to your standard run-of-the-mill sock yarn. But, the colors do absolutely make up for it. They are stunning in real and this pattern does show it off wonderfully.
My first try on knitting a sock on a circular needle. Not sure if it will be my favorite way to knit socks, but I do like the look and the fact that there is a much smoother transition from needle to needle than with the double pointed needles.

A bit of beading: really just a simple flower motives bracelet, but it took my a long time yesterday to figure it out. It's my own design, so I was making it up as I went. I'm pretty happy, though, on how it turned out.


I did stitch some more on the castle sampler, but no update picture. Maybe next time.

Update on the Great Aran Afghan project. I do knit on it occationally as it's a good project to carry with you when you go somewhere, or when you just find you're in the mood for some knitting.

Block 13: (GAAA) designed by Hanna Burns: The double helix is suppose to depict a DNA strand, and me, being a science type of gal couldn't resist. I do love the center panel cable. I never did such a tight cable and I really like the look,


Block 14: (GAAA) designed by Dana Hurt: Not a particular exciting block and it ended up a bit on the loose side.


Block 15: (GAA #4) designed by Celeste Pinheiro: Now, here's a fun block. The appliques were a bit on the fiddly side, but fun nonetheless. I did that one in Sweden, as I thought it appropiate being so close to the sea. I don't know what I do wrong, but everytime I did that left hand cross in the water bit always gives me that little extra wide stitch on the left side. It looks okay here because of it being the water and all, but I know it's not right and it does bug me a bit.

No comments: