On my last vacation in Alaska visiting my friend Bill, we ended up one evening in a dinner theater. Before the show started we had all you can eat crab and we didn't hesitated to eat as much as we could. Very, very yummy.
Now, when I saw this pattern on the cover of the last edition of knitty, I knew I had to make it for Bill. If I may say so, Crabby came out really adorable. I might end up making another one, as it will be very hard to part with him to send him away to Alaska.
I also tried my hands once again on felting. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it.
Two weeks ago I bought five skeins of Rowan purelife - British Sheep Breeds. This yarn is all natural, the only colors available are those nature (and the sheep) provide. Though I had been thinking about another project when I bought the yarn, I later changed my mind and decided on a modular bag. I didn't have a pattern, but found some progress pictures from somebody who had made the pattern before. From there I winged it.
My guesstimation on how much yarn I would need was pretty spot one (especially after I switched from 25 stitches across on square to 21 stitches) and ran short on the white yarn in the end by only 5 stitches (I improvised then and used some similar yarn I still had)
Above is the picture before I threw it into the washing machine. Below is the one after. It shrunk from 55cm (21.5 inches) across, the 47cm, which is not too bad.
Now, what to use for the handles .....