Sunday, April 17, 2011

Quick Update

My mom is cleaning out her cupboards, so a whole bunch of yarn and stitching material has come my way. There are several individual balls of yarn I have no idea what to do with, but I'm sure eventually something will come up. For the stitching threads (there's cotton and wool) I'm thinking of weaving, but so far that's only a pretty vague idea. As already mentioned the last time, I've finished the Dawn shawl. It looks quite lovely and is surprisingly warm for something so thin. Lately I've came across a nice pattern for a short sleeved cardigan I thought would look good on me. In my stash I've found a yarn I think works well with the pattern. I thought I might have enough of the yarn to finish the cardigan as written in the pattern, but I have the feeling it will be a bit short.
As the cardi is knitted top down I've now stopped working on the body and decided to finish the arms first. This way I can use up every scrape of yarn I've got to make it as long a possible. Keep your fingers crossed it will be enough.

No comments: