Saturday, February 04, 2012

Two And A Half Pair

(and, no, I'm not a fan of Two And A Half Man ... )

It's cold, I'm knitting socks.

Pair No. 1 is the pattern Eunice by CookieA - possibly my favoriet sock pattern designer (I've knitted up about half a dozen of her patterns and I'm more than willing do go back for more). The yarn is Wollmeise Twin in Brombeere.Pair No. 2 is made from Noro Kureyon Sock Yarn. I have a love/hate relationship with this yarn. The colors - to die for!, everything else - hate. It's the most none-elastic sock yarn I've ever knit with, the yarn tends to have knots all over the place (this skein had two and always with an sudden color change), it breaks super easy when knitting and it's rough on the skin while knitting (I don't mind on the foot, luckily, else it would have been a deal breaker)
But the colors!!!
Damn, it's still worth it.
The patter is a simple 3 - 1 rib, top down with an after thought heel.
Final the half-pair (and the work in progress) is made from Lorna's Lace Shepard Sock Stripe yarn. The color is a special dye job named 'Parry Hotter' in the Gryfindor colors of red and gold. I bought it serveral years ago in Noe Knits in San Francisco.
I've tried various pattern, but the stripes are so close that most pattern are just swallowed up. Finally I came across this one, and though I'm not 100% happy, I think it's about as good as it's going to get.

No comments: