Monday, May 28, 2012

Language Challenge

I've had two jewelery kits, which both have instructions written in a language I'm neither native to, or even speak (or read)

The first kit was a present from my sister and it's in Swedish. A bracelet made from leather and stainless steel cord.

The second kit was in Dutch and I bought is last year at a fair. It's a collier made with semi-precious stones, seed beads and crystals. In the end it was 43cm long.


Basically, I only had the pictures to go by (and a little bit of babylon translation). Considering this handicap, I'm really happy how those two projects turned out.

The knitting I used as the background is my finally finished 'Nuvem' in Wollmeise Lace. I'll see if I can make some nice photos of it the next couple of days. Stay tuned.

No comments: