Sunday, April 07, 2013

Oh My Stars!

Okay, there's a new quilting / patchwork project in the works. Officially this is a quilt along, but I'm not going to be too obsessed about that. Anyway, it 'started' in November 2011, so I'm probably way out of the time frame given for the quilt along.
I found the project while I was browsing for quilts with star patterns and came across one that simply blew me away. I searched for the pattern and was overjoyed that it's a freebie - who doesn't love a freebie? Now, of course, I can't find the original quilt, but hey, that's life.

Anyway, I've started with the stars. At the moment I'm planing on doing only the simple basic star pattern and so far I like what I got, but I might change my mind sometime in the future.
Of the 111 stars needed for the smaller of the two quilts (which is what I'm aiming for right now) I've got 28 put together (of which 26 just fit on my table). Main color - obviously - is blue, but I'll throw in a couple of yellow/orange stars in to lighten the whole thing up a bit.

I've also made some prgress on the blackwork chess board. 8 fields done, 24 to go:

No comments: