Sunday, November 10, 2013

Happy Birthday, Big Sister

Okay, my sister's birthday was in September so it's a little late, but I was in Canada that time and so her birthday present was a bit delayed. Even though I finished said birthday present already in June.
Pattern is the Quilt & Cable Blanket from Cascade Yarn and I used the in the pattern recommended yarn (Cascade Eco + in the color 0515 Navy)
It loved knitting this blanket. The yarn feels really nice and the knitting was 17 rows of relaxed zen, interrupted by 3 rows of full concentration.

The foto shoot in park Schönbusch by Aschaffenburg was great fun and I gathered quite a few confused looks by people passing by. This was already back in July, so don't be surprised by the nice weather I have in the pictures.
Sister got the present last weekend and she seemed to like it well enough (statements like 'this is mine!' when her husband took a closer look, are pretty good indicators).

No comments: