Friday, September 25, 2015

Settlers of Catan

The game 'Settlers of Catan' is a bit of a dividing line in my gaming group. Some love it, some hate it. The friend I've made this pillow for does love it (else it would make little sense to make it for her birthday ...)
 
I started out with sewing (by hand) 18 hexagons for the water and 19 hexies for the land using the quilt-as-you-go technique. I then used my machine to sew them to a darker blue background using a blanket stitch. The number markers, the roads and the houses are felt I cut to size. For the numbers I used a permament marker.
 For the pillow case I sewed a zipper to the back center, so taking out the inlet is easy. I used a normal, square 50x50cm pillow inlet and just stuffed it into the corners to give the pillow it's form.

1 comment:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh how clever, I'm sure she'll love it!