Sunday, April 17, 2016

Braided Baby Quilt

The baby is in due in August, but I couldn't wait so long.
 I've used a half jelly roll with batic fabrics for the stripes, leaving out the purple ones. Green and blue went in one direction, yellow, orange, and red into the other.
Every stripe is quilted with a different free motion pattern. I fought quite a bit with my sewing machine over tention with this. Some stripes are more or less perfect, but on others you can see either the background color or the front color peek through at the other side. On one of the stripes I actually pulled everything out and did it again. Now I wonder if my choice of sewing thread is at least partially to blame for this (I just took any which sewing thread I had in my stash for this and didn't buy special quilting thread)
Well, it's too late to change now.
For the back I found this great print with dots, which matches color wise almost perfect with the front. Binding is a simple blue stripe.
Now only the baby in question needs to make an appearance, so I can make a label with the critical statistical data. But no hurry.

3 comments:

Kat said...

Cute! Great colors and a striking pattern!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

That's a very cool design - good on you for having fun with the quilting.

Jenny said...

I love it - what a great design.