Sunday, July 10, 2016

500 - 10 - 50

This post is my 500th post.
I've been doing this for almost exactly 10 years (my first post was on July 14th, 2006).
And, since about a week I'm 50 years old.

Surprisingly little has changed in the last ten years. 
I'm ten years older, but I'm still single, and still work as an engineer in the semi-conductor industry (in fact, for the same employer). 
I still live at the same address in the same town. 
I still travel a lot (I just came back from my vacation in Iceland and Greenland).

I've started the blog as a mean to keep my family and friends updated on my activities and also to keep a record for myself of what I've been working on at any given time. Sort of like a semi-public diary. I'm happy I managed to keep up for all that time, and sometimes it's a great reference.

Being 50 is no different than being 49. At least I haven't noticed anything different. I'm not getting younger, that's for sure, but I don't exactly feel like being 'old'.
As a friend told me: “Age is just a number. It's totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” (a Joan Collins quote)

I'm still sifting through the 3.300 pictures I've took on my vacation. If you want a teaser, just go back 7 years in my blog. There are some Iceland pictures when I was there the first time in July 2009.

And a short teaser for Greenland:

No comments: