Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Three Finishes

I finished a couple of things.
First a cross stitch kit I picked up last year in Isafjordur/Iceland. The kit includes instructions for a pillow, but I'm not sure if I will go that extra step, or if I just leave it as a picture.
Second, a zipped-up tray pouch. I thought it a clever idea when I saw the pattern, so I gave it a try. I'm not overly happy with the material I used for the inlay as it's not stiff enough (I used what I had on hand), but other than that I'm quite happy. I'm sure to give it a second go.
Last, but not least, I flat project bag with one side clear and the backside a dresden plate I made using my newest ruler. A couple of German quilters are currently running a Quilt Along with a Block of the Month and the Dresden Plate was their April pattern.
The front is clear plastic (recycled from a plastic sleeve) with a set in zipper. The bag is big enough for circa 10 x 10 inch blocks (the whole back is circa 12 inch squared). I did quilt the back quite densely for added stiffness (and also because I think it looks nice)
I'm using the bag for my newest madness - a quilt sewn completely by hand using the English Paper Piecing method (EPP for short). Right now I got only four blocks done, but it's quite fun, so I have to see how far this will carry me.

1 comment:

anna said...

they all look great. love the quilting on the Dresden bag.