Sunday, September 24, 2017

Wa(h)lsonntag

Today is election day in Germany.
Fun fact: in the German laguage the word 'Wahl' - 'Election' - is homophone to the word 'Wal' - 'Whale'.
So I made whales (yes, I made two), as we have two votes in our election system.
I used a free pattern from this webside here.
Number one, nickname 'Grünwal' (Green Whale), went to a friend's daughter.
If I'm to be any judge, it was well received (she insisted, it had to go to bed with her)
It can even make a head stand and show off its lovely striped belly.
Number 2 - Blue Whale - is made with the same striped fabric I used for Green's belly and from an old jeans of mine for the rest.
I used tiny, itty fabric scraps to stuff them both (I just don't throw anything away)

Disclaimer: The color choice of the two whales have nothing to do with the way I've cast my vote today.

2 comments:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Well they are both amazing, and hopefully a nice counter balance to all the crazy that goes with elections!

grammajudyb said...

I love them both. Good for you, for using all the tiny scraps!