Saturday, October 14, 2017

Triangle QAL

A few months ago, Bernina started a quilt-a-long for a triangle quilt.
As a triangle quilt was definitely on my to-do list, I decided to join. The QAL asks for 10fat quarters. I didn't have 10 FQs (well, I do, but not from one line) but what I've had is a lovely layer cake of Robert Kaufman fabric in the line 'Blueberry Park'. I did some math, and decided that it should just be enough to do the quilt (in the mean time I started thinking that it might be too tight, but I'm sure I can improvise - after all, that's what's quilting is all about)
So far, 4 different blocks have been published.
Block 1 is a simple half and half (and I'm thinking I'm missing one - there should be 15 and I'm counting only 14):
 Block 2 was little triangles on top of the triangles:
 Block 3 was triangles with a stripe in the middle:
 Block 4 was stripes (this one was paper pieced)
So far it's been a lot of fun and I#m lookign forward to the next blocks.

No comments: