Sunday, October 22, 2017

Variations on a Theme

A while back, in April, I talked about quilty WiPs I have. One is a scrappy quilt from 2" squares.
This was my plan at the time:
Later I reviced my plan to include wonky yellow stars (a pretty crappy photo - sorry about that). I've already made a couple of stars, when I changed my mind once again.
This is the latest and final version. The pattern (if you call it that) is called 'Growing Up Odd' and is using blocks of 9, 21 and 49 pieces of fabric (odd numbers, you get it?). Using some sashing, 17" x 17" large blocks are made.
I've have now 20 of those larger blocks, which leads to a quilt of 94" x 75.5" (235cm x 192cm), which is plenty big. I've used up a total of 1940 pieces of 2" scraps. Not that I counted (no, I simply did the math ...).

No comments: