Friday, May 04, 2018

Flame - A Finished Quilttop

Sometimes you have to play with colors. And there's no better way to play with colors than a nice rainbow quilt. Which is where the book 'Modern Rainbow' by Rebecca Bryan comes in (no affiliation, I just like the book)
There are quilte a few really nice quilts in the book, but the one that jumped at me and INSISTED to be made (NOW, if you please!) is called Flame.
I love so much about this quilt (top so far). One, of course, is the color. Rainbow-y, but not smack in the face color-overdose (the one in the book is a lot less saturated, which is also nice, but not really what I wanted). Then, the way the colors are all work so nicely with the light grey. Also, I love that I've got to use one of my precious jelly rolls (it's all 2 1/2 inch stripes). There are also additional colors from my stash. So, it's sort of kind of scrappy, but very organized about it.
Size is about 177 x 172 cm (69 1/2 x 68 inches), which is a really good size.
The only tiny complaint if you will, there is (in my opinion) an error in the pattern. If you cut the longest part of a flame at 6 1/2 inches, it will never be enough. I usually did cut at 7 1/2 inches, and had very little in terms of trimming available.
With two quilt tops finished and another one fairly close to being finished, I guess I'm going to have to do some actual quilting in the near future.

2 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

What a great design and I really like the colours you've used! Do you have an idea of how you will quilt it?

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I love the rainbow effect, very nicely done!