Monday, May 21, 2018

Double Stars - A Finished Quilt

As a quilting warm up - and because the top has been finished for weeks now - I decided to finish the Double Star Quilt. The blocks had being finished over a year ago, but for some reason I didn't sew them together into a quilt top until maybe six weeks ago.
I have no idea why I waited so long, because, I do love the finished quilt. It is bright and colorful, and I adore the secondary pattern that emerged after the top was put together.
I made the sandwich on my dining room table, using my tried and tested clamp everything to the table method (which mean you can work standing up, which is really, really a good thing)
The quilting itself is free motion swirls and waves pattern all over with grey thread. It's quick and fairly easy, once you get the groove going (it took my maybe three hours all together)
Do you see the secondary patterns? The diamond and the secondary star?
I'm telling you, I'm loving it.
The quilt ended at 150cm x 180cm (60" x 72") and the binding was done with a plain Kona Cotton in 'Ash' (I think)
My mom saw it, she liked it and she is going to get it (once it's been washed)

No comments: