Sunday, June 10, 2018

Fashion

Sorry for the long absence. In light of the new EU-DSGVO law, I've been thinking about stopping running this blog. I've seen that some blogs moved to invite only. Maybe I'll move in that direction.
It's not that I run any adds, or sell anything. I just don't know yet.
Anyway, despite the hot weather, I spent some time at the sewing machine, making some wearable stuff (the thought of working on the quilt is currently not an option - just the thought of all that fabric on my lap while I do the quilting ...)
First of, a second go on Marisol (by Lillesol Women). The first one I made in October was okay, but I wanted to have a second go. This one, I like a lot more (even if the fabric is a bit on the stiff side). I had no problems and the fit is great.
 The fold in the back is a nice detail and gives a little bit more room.
 Second is a t-shirt I made from some fabric a collegue of mine gifted to me. I added some white to the neckline and the arms, which, I think, is just perfect.
I took the pattern off a store-bought t-shirt I liked the fit off, but added about 4 cm at the hip. The advantage of sewing your own clothing.
I really like how it turned out - especially as it basically cost me practically nothing.

No comments: