Sunday, May 03, 2020

More Paper Making

I mentioned that paper making can be addictive.
Just to show some of the papers off (this time in a good size of 23 by 30 cm - 9 by 12 inches)
I've made a whole stack (around 50 sheets):
Besides pure white (with little black sprinkles from the prints) I made a paper with first only green and then green and blue speckles. Problem here is that the speckles are too thick, and I can't use them for writing or printing. I CAN use them, though, as the covers of thin note books, and I have made two of those already (and already put them to use).
Next thing I tried was adding confetti to the furnish. I really adore the result, and I might use them for birthday cards.
Then I tried some embossing, which worked out okayish. As template I used the the Witcher signs from the game, as they are fairly simple to cut out. I need to think on this technique a little bit more.
Eventually I moved away from white and added green furnish to the tub. Got a nice subtle shading, as I added more and more or the green..
Finally I tried some stamping / embossing using a cork in the fresh paper. The trick here is to use not too thin paper, but it worked out pretty good (if I may say so).
I'm sure this won't be the last time I'm making paper. It's just too much fun and I still have plenty of ideas.

No comments: