Sunday, May 04, 2008

We Will Rock You

Yesterday I finally made it to Köln (Cologne) for the German version of "We Will Rock You", the Queen Musical


Last year we already plans to go there, but I had to eventually cancel because of work. Luckily this time it worked out.

First of, the show was really, really good. I've seen it in London a few years ago, and the German production doesn't need to hide itself behind the 'original'. Not at all. Very solid performance, good singing, acting and dancing. Loads of fun. At the last number nobody remained on his or her seat. I'd go again in a heart beat.
I'm pretty sure we didn't get to see the main cast, but this was no problems. Actually, I liked one of the guys a lot: J.B. in the German production, I believe his role is called Brit in London. Don't know if I'd have liked the main singer as much.

I'm making no progress whatsoever on the stitching front, but move ahead quite nicely with my knitting projects. Not much longer and I can start assembling the Lizard Ridge Afghan.

No news from my neighbors - haven't seen them in the last two weekends at all. I hope they are still there, but I'm a bit afraid they've abondoned the nest in the meantime. I stay on the lookout.

1 comment:

stitcherw said...

Glad you had such a good time at the Musical, it sounds like it would have been a lot of fun. I haven't seen this one around my area, but if it comes here I'm planning on going.

Your Lizard Ridge Afghan is so pretty and colorful, can't wait to see it all assembled. Hope your new neighbors are well and you're just missing them as they are coming and going for feeding. It would be wonderful if they nested and had some little ones.
Sue