After knitting the back and one and a half of the fronts of the Central Park Hoodie, ripping everything up again, as it was simply too big and re-knitting half of the back, I've decided that this pattern will not be what I want it to be. I'm not even sure what the problem is, but for now I decided the give up on it and start with another project using the old yarn.
The new project is called Mondo Cable Pullover by chicknits. It is a fairly simple top-down, raglan pullover with a large 5 by 5 cable down the front. I've had a wrong start, but now, on the second start I'm rather happy.
In the meantime, I've also knitted a new scarf. The zipper on my old winter jacket broke while I was in Sweden, and I bought a new jacket there. Only problem: I've got not a single scarf that matches the new jacket (a sports jacket in red, white and black). I didn't want anything lacy with this so I settled on a simple 4 knit 4 purl pattern, switched over after every six rows. And I used black alpaca yarn for it.
Definitely a success.
Except that finally, FINALLY winter had given up (or at least retreated for a bit) and it's been downright spring outside for the last couple of days.
Well, I'm sure I'm going to get some more use out of it, as I'm sure we're not really done with winter. And if not, if it really should stay a bit warmer for a change, I won't be too depressed either.
Last, first update on my new stitching project. I've put in some hours already and it's progressing quite nicely.