Sunday, September 19, 2010

Backnang

Internet is very dodgy right now, so this will be short.

Computer update: the new computer is at the computer doctor to be fixed. Careful estimate is three to four weeks.

On the old computer, the internet is not working well. It's okay right now, but I don't know for how long. (Well, it didn't last long ... I hope this can get out, but I'm not holding my breath)

To lighten my mood (and because we bought tickets weeks ago) a friend and I drove to Backnang, a small town close to Stuttgart, in order to knit. It's the second annular German Ravelry Meeting and hundreds of ladies (and a few brave men) came together to talk about yarn, pattern and techniques. And to oogle the lovely yarn on sale.

There was a lot of it. Even a pool full. Takes the term 'stash diving' to a whole new level. Some lucky ladies got the opportunity to fill large bags with that yarn, but sadly not me.

Instead, I took those home with me:

From left to right:

- Wetterhoff Silvia (30% silk, 70% wool) lace yarn

- Sedapur by wollerey (100% Schappé silk)

- Zauberglöckchen sock yarn (75% super wash wool, 25% polyamid)

- 2x Zauberglöckchen tweed melage sock yarn (75% super wash wool, 25% polyamid)

- Spinning Martha (100% merino)

- Spinning Martha sock yarn ((75% super wash wool, 25% polyamid)

and - Zauberglöckchen lace (baby alpaca, cashmere and silk)

No comments: