Sunday, April 27, 2014

Red

Who says I can only make stuff in blues or greens?
I can do red, too.
 I've made this project bag as a thankyou for a very nice person, who offered to look for lace yarn for me at the Wollmeise Sale before Easter. In the end, she didn't find what I was looking for, but was willing to part with a regular skein she had picked up a few weeks earlier.
I didn't know her color preferences so I decided that going with knitting sheep never can be wrong.
As she put it to use basically the instance I handed it over, I guess I wasn't too far off.
Second, this is a smallish bag (17 x 12cm) for my rotatry cutter. The material and the pattern came from a kit I bought in Gröbern by Meisen a while back. It it a bit of a tight fit, but I really wanted to make the stripes align.
Lastly, I've started a new pair of socks. The pattern is called Earlybird and is a freeby from Knitty.
The yarn is Trekking Handart in the colorway Sumatra

No comments: