Saturday, October 31, 2015

Nuernberg

I've had a couple of days off and as I was heading in that direction anway, I decided to make a short trip to Nürnberg.
Nürnberg is the second largest city in Bavaria and was pretty important in the late Middle Ages. It has a large imperial castle and several emperors of the Holy Roman Empire used it for their center.
The Sinwell Tower gives a great view all over the city.
 Of course, you first has to climb the 113 steps all the way to the top
 The crown (The Imperial Crown of the Holy Roman Empire) has been used between the 11th century and 1806. Sadly the one housed in the castle is a copy, as the original is in Vienna.
 There are plenty of large churches in Nürnberg. Here details of the Frauenkirche.
 The river Pegnitz devides the old town in two.
 I really lucked out with the weather and liked the town a lot. Of course, I had to eat some 'Nürnberger Rostbratwürstchen' *yummy* and 'Nürnberger Lebkuchen' *also yummy*

1 comment:

Gina said...

Beautiful pictures. I've put it on my places to visit when we go back to Germany xx