Thursday, October 27, 2016

All The Colors Of The Rainbow ... And Some More

Originally, I wanted to make scrap buckets/baskets, so I can sort my scraps by color. I found those paper piecing lettering on the web (can't rightly recall where. Sorry.), and started with some colors. Soon I realized that with those color names the baskets would get huge, or at least way bigger than I would like them to be (or have space for in my sewing room).
So, an alternative solution was needed.
I added some scraps in the proper color to each of the words (well, if I use them here, I won't need the buckets anyway). Each color is seperated by a 3/4 inch wide white stripe.
I quilted around the letters and did a free motion pattern on the colored sections using the matching color threat.
 For the back I used some gray/white striped fabric and the one word I've had left over and didn't want to use on the front.
Somehow, the gray look a bit sad here, all alone.
This one is going to be hanged on my sewing room wall, so at least it gets into the room it was originally intented for.

4 comments:

Petra said...

What a great idea!
It looks really cool!!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

I always love me a rainbow! I'd love it you'd link to the Finished or Not Friday linky party at Busy Hands Quilts! http://busyhandsquilts.blogspot.com/2016/10/finished-or-not-friday-tgiff-linky.html

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh what a lovely quilt - and grey all alone on the back made me giggle!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE, Love, love your design!!! I want a quilt just like it for my own sewing room!!