Thursday, November 24, 2016

Christmas Cards

Even in the time of modern social media and instant communication around the world, there is something to be said about a real, physical christmas card you can hold in your hand. Even better, if that card is hand-made.
My mom 'orders' a set every year to sent out, and this year it was my turn to make some.
Naturally, they have to be made with fabric.
I chose two different layouts (a bit of variation is always good), but basically they are quite similar in the making.
The first set (I've made six cards each) are christmas tree baubles. I appliqued them onto the background using golden thread (well, golden colored metalic thread). The little bows almost took the most time, but they definetely were worth putting on. I should have sewed them on before sewing the fabric to the card stock, that would have been easier. Live and learn.
Second set are christmas trees. I wrapped the ribbons around the front tree before sewing it to the background and it worked more or less okay. The metalic stars on the tree are simply glued on.

No comments: