Thursday, August 17, 2017

The Quilt With No Name

I finished this quilt a couple of weeks ago but still don't know what to call it.
The working name was 'The Blue HST Quilt' but this is a bit boring. Though, it decripes exactly what it is. It's mostly blue and it's made entirely with HSTs (half square triangles). I used fabric from various charm packs and also some I cut from my stash. Each block is made from four identical HSTs, all pointing in the same direction.
It's a decent sized quilt, about 140 x 160cm.
Quilting is simple straight lines with my walking foot, left and right of the block connecting seams. Backing is pretty much what I had left from the Bookshelf Quilt (a flanell duvet cover) and even the batting is left overs from the last three quilts I've made.
It doesn't have a home yet, so it may stay with me. Or maybe not ...

1 comment:

Gina said...

How about MIsty Morning as to me it looks like blue skies peeping through the early mist that hasn't burnt off before it turns into a glorious sunny day. Hope that makes sense