Sunday, September 23, 2018

Dany Bag

Every woman needs more handbags.
Rigth? (well, I'm actually most of the time an easy going backpack person, but sometimes I do get urges ... you know)
This is Dany. I've bought the pattern a while back already, but only now got around to the sewing.
As you can see, I've used jeans (once again). I also used parts of an handwoven African blanket, which I had just gotten from my mom. As I have little use from blankets myself (looking over to the ton of quilts and knitted and crochets blankets I've made myself), I thought of another use for it.
The bag itself has a lot of great details.

I particulary like the way the shoulder strap (which is made from rope) is connected with the closure of one of the outside pockets.
Speaking of pockets. This bag has plenty. Two at the side, two (invisible ones) behind the front panel and one in the back. For the lining of those outside pockets I used the coolest marvel fabric with Thor and Daredevil and Captain America and Ironman and Black Widow and ...
Sadely, I didn't have enough of this fabric for the inside, but luckily I had a pretty cool alternative in this comic themed fabric, which I picked up in this little store in I-can't-remember town and of which I should have bought more of, because, dang it, I love it.
Ah, the inside also has a double pocket.
All in all, very happy with the bag. It was fiddly in parts and my sewing machine had to work though some really thick patches, but I do love the finished bag.
I'm even thinking about a second one (you know, I have this one fabric, that would look really great ...)

1 comment:

Petra said...

Die sieht ja echt super aus!
Great job!!