Sunday, May 09, 2010

Flowers (for Mother's Day)

Last month I've had the 15th anniversary in my company and besides three extra days for this year vacation time, I've got a nice voucher, which I've used to upgrade my camera equipment. I've bought myself a Nikon D5000 DSLR camera.

As I'm on vacation the next three weeks (*bounce, bounce, bounce*) I'm sure to have plenty of chances to play around with my new toy.

As a start I focused (*haha*) on the two orchid flowers I have. I don't know exactly why, but even though I don't tread them any special (like orchids are supposed to be treaded), they are both already on their second flower cycle and have been for several weeks now.


(I particularly like the one on top)

I'm still working on figuring out all those buttons and I'm sure it will be a while until I'm really proficient, but it's a start.

No comments: