Saturday, May 31, 2014

Oh My Stars! - Finished

Today I finally finshed my OH My Stars! Quilt, which I started last April (that's April 2013) I may have blogged about the quilt before: here, here, here, or here.
So, it clearly counted as a long term project.
But, finally, it's done:
 The part that took the longest was the actually quilting by hand. I started in September and made reasonable good progress, but then other stuff got in the way. I pulled it out again around Christmas time, but didn't finish it then.
Last Thursday was a holiday, so I decided to tackle it again and do the last ten stars that were left.
I added the binding I already had prepared using all the blues I used for the stars, and this morning I finally, FINALLY, finished the quilt.

It is a great quilt (in more than one sense, as it turned out to be 200 x 175 cm - and that's after I removed one row of stars before the quilting even started)
One thing I totally love about the quilt is when I started making the photos, I noticed how the sun was shining through the quilt. This photo is from the back, which is mostly medium dark blue.
Love it!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sehr hübschig! :) würde sich gut als Sommerdecke auf meinem Bett machen :)