Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Handarbeitshaus mit Museum

One of my favorite stores for patchwork fabric is the 'Handarbeitshaus mit Museum' in Gröbern by Meissen.
It's in an old half-timber house and has possibly the most weird opening hours of all stores I know (Thursday and Friday between 10AM and 6PM, and Sunday between 2PM and 5PM)
 It also has the most amazing selection of patchwork fabrics I've seen anywhere. This here is about 2/3 of what they have on Kaffe Fassett fabrics alone and this is only a tiny fraction of all the stuff they have.
It's not the cheapest place to buy - they have the usual German price range, which is about 25 ~ 40% more expensive than the US from what I've seen), but the selection is really impressive.
They also offer Jelly rolls (Rollmöpse), charm packs, kits and many, many patterns, as well a courses (though I never joined one of those)
You can also order online ....

No comments: