Wednesday, September 28, 2016

And Another Pillow

Pillows are dangerous. They are smallish projects, usually not very much material is required, they are good to try a new technique, and come with a quick satisfaction as they usually can be finished in a few hours.
Only, how many pillows can one pile on her sofa or couch without loosing all space to sit on? (actually, I do sort of have a four pillow limit on my couch)
After finishing all the fishes from my gold fish pond quilt (I made a total of 72 fish) I had a lot of blue and teal scraps. Somehow I started playing with them and before I knew it I had 16 small wonky log cabin blocks pinned onto my design wall.
I added a narrow sashing, quilted some circles on the finished fabric, and had a ready front for yet another pillow.
For the back I tried some sew and slash technique that is currently the hype on the 'net (I saw some really nice, nice stuff) I wasn't particular fussy and added an open zipper simply by ripping open one of the seams and sticking the zipper in (it's the back, so I don't particular care)
On Friday I'm going to link up to Finish It Up Friday on Crazy Mom Quilts.

1 comment:

Carie @ Space for the Butterflies said...

Oh that's beautiful - and there's no such thing as too many cushions! I love the swirls that you get from the wonky log cabins