Sunday, April 13, 2008

Practically Nothing

I think I need to rename the 'Sapphire's Stitching Stanza' into 'Sapphire's Knitting Klub' at least for the moment (and, yes, I know club is written with a 'c' in English, but then I'm German and I like the allitaration ....)

Last time I was in Japan I picked up some 2 plyed yarn (the yellowish yarn in the middle of this post --> There's wool in Japan)
After knitting the cardigan and some squares of the Lizzard Ridge Afghan, I wanted to do something different. I did start on a pair of socks, but wasn't happy with it, so I ribbed it back up. I was looking at various shawl pattern, an finally decided to try my hands on this pattern here.
It's the snowdrop shawl by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee aka the Yarn Harlot of blog and book fame.
The pattern asks for 1200m of lace weight yarn - I've got about 1100m.
Still I decided to give it a try.


After a quick start, the rows got longer and longer and eventually I've had about 240 stitches to a row. Still, it's loads of fun, so much fun in fact, that I couldn't wait to get home after work (or rather the hotel I was staying in) just so I could knit a bit more on it.

Looks a bit bumpy at the moment, but after blocking it should look much better.


I finished the main body so far and working on the edging.

And ... I'm close to the end of the third skein (out of the five I have) and I guess that I'll end up with using roughly 800m.
At 25gr per skein, the whole thing will weight less than 100gr - practically nothing.

No comments: