Sunday, October 24, 2010

250

I've started this blog in July 2006. I wanted to have a forum to showcase my stitching and grafting and photography and to give my family and friends an opertunity to see and hear what I'm up to. I also wanted something for me to keep track of what I've made and I've used this blog more than once to go back a few years and look what I've done back then.

My aim is to make one post every week, updating on Sunday evening if I have the chance, and so far, I'm doing not too badly. This is post 250.

Over the years I've collected 10 followers, which I think is pretty cool.

My mom always complains that I write my blog in English, and I've been think about doing it bilingual, but eventually decided against it. Sorry, mom.
To make you feel a little bit better (I hope) here's a peace offering:

My mom asked me for mittens, so I've made her some.
They're made following a free pattern from DROPS design (sort of - originally the pattern was for gloves, so I improvised) and I used some leftover yarn I've had in my stash. I did run out of the white yarn (Rowan Cotton Wool) for the thumb of the second mitten, so I ribbed out some of the cuff of the first mitten and got just enough to finish the pair.

While working on those, I've also started a pair of gloves for myself. I pulled out one of the skeins I've bought in Backnang and some beads and started 'Galaxy'
They're pretty cool! They're also a complete set, but it's more difficult than one would think to make a picture of your own hands while holding the camera that is used to make the pictures. So, for now, only one hand photographed.

Ah, I almost forgot. My Ringwood gloves have been featured on the Knitty blog, where they show the first couple of finished projects from the latest edition of Knitty.
I'm getting famous!

No comments: