Monday, July 17, 2006

Listening on the Road

After driving to Dresden this morning for a meeting here, I'm going to head out to Frankfurt/Oder in half an hour or so because I need support some work there tomorrow. Too much driving, but with the current audiobook of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban it won't be too bad (I hope) - it's about 2 1/2 hours drive, but I need to be careful not to miss my exits as I haven't done this route before.
I do love audiobooks, and I've listened to all six of the Harry Potter books and Lord of the Rings (unabridged of course) at one time or another. They are great for stitching and for driving long distances.
Yesterday I was listening to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone while sitting on the balcony and stitching on Midnight Hunting. I'm almost done with the border - maybe one more hour plus some straight stitches. I almost finished yesterday, but I was so tired, I couldn't quite focus anymore and as I had to go up early today, I decided to finish the border next weekend.
For this week, I took Stormbringer from Dragon Dreams with me. It's been my travel project for the last couple of months and is about 85 to 90% done. With Midnight Hunting also fairly close to the end, there will be some happy dances soon.

And then on to the next couple of project ;)

No comments: